Welcome to the TUM
The TUM SEED Center aims at offering higher education at the intersection of sustainable energies and entrepreneurship and conducting research to contribute to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Open Position: Research Associate m/f/d (100%)
Your tasks include:
• Travel to our partner universities and conduct field research on mobility needs in rural communities in the Global South
• Identify new opportunities for renewable energy application in rural e-mobility
• Develop project proposal consisting of initial technical concepts and feasibility analysis
• Evaluate the expansion potential of existing Living Labs with regards to a mobility research program
• Support stakeholder engagement efforts with local communities, landowners, and leaders. The Research Associate will be an important liaison for the project’s interaction with partner universities, stakeholders, community members and AUDI AG as project partner
• Coordinate project specific tasks including, permitting and approvals, project communications, engineering and design, procurement, and construction review processes as well as providing an effective transitional basis into construction
• You hold a master’s degree at the intersection of engineering and business administration (e.g. industrial engineering or comparable degree), preferably with a specialisation in renewable energies, e-mobility, sustainability and/or entrepreneurship
• You have knowledge of renewable energy technologies and energy storage
• You are experienced in developing technical concepts and project proposals (preferably in the energy or mobility sector)
• You are fluent in English and have a good knowledge of German
• You have gained initial experience in developing or emerging countries and are willing to travel
• You are self-organised and able work on projects independently
• You have strong social and intercultural skills and enjoy collaborating in an international team
• Highly attractive position as a research associate (100%), with the possibility of prolongation
• Flexible working hours (in terms of time and location)
• Nice working atmosphere in a truly international team
• Possibility to work at one of the leading universities and premium automotive manufacturers
• Possibility to conduct research and pursue a PhD
TUM strives to increase the proportion of women. Qualified women are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons will be given preference if their suitability and qualifications are essentially the same. Employment is in accordance with qualifications with appropriate remuneration pursuant to the collective agreement for the public service of the Länder (remuneration group TV-L E13).
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, references) in a pdf file no later than January 15, 2023 to:
Mrs. Lara Knödler (firstname.lastname@example.org), Technische Universität München, TUM SEED Center, Alte Akademie 14, 85354 Freising, Germany.
For more information relating the TUM SEED Center you can visit the webpage: www.seed.tum.de or LinkedIn profile www.seed.tum.de or www.linkedin.com/company/tum-seed-center/.
Interdisciplinary Doctoral and Master Programs
To tackle the opportunities that the latest generation of mini grids has to offer in the Global South, the center launched the Interdisciplinary Doctoral and Master Programs “Sustainable Energies and Entrepreneurship in the Global South”. A number of scholarships will be offered for foreign master students, Doctoral candidates and post doc researchers.
Living Labs for Research and Teaching with Impact
An interesting setting for research and for experiential and practical learning will be provided by the Living Labs. These are eight mini grids that will be installed by Community Interest Companies (CIC), which in turn are affiliated to the eight partner universities in the Global South.